We are seeking a highly motivated and organised bilingual Database technician with expertise in Salesforce management. As a vital member of our team, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the effective utilisation of Salesforce to streamline the Centre’s technical platform to address the needs of the different teams. The ideal candidate is fluent in both French and English, possesses strong analytical skills, and thrives in a dynamic non-profit environment.
About the Centre
The Community Housing Transformation Centre works across Canada to ensure the transformation, sustainability, and growth of community-housing services in order to achieve housing for all. We identify and facilitate the development of expertise, resources, and promising practices for the sector. The Centre achieves its mission by helping community-housing providers (cooperatives and non-profit housing) and sector bodies (associations, federations, etc.) to find solutions to their financial and organizational challenges.
Reporting to the Director of operations, the Database technician is responsible for building, configuring and automating technology solutions to deliver value to the Centre by working with stakeholders to define system requirements and customize the platform in order for the Centre to meet its goals. This position is responsible for supporting users, managing data, maintaining security standards, and delivering actionable analytics.
- Maintain the Salesforce platform, including user management, data quality, customisation, and workflow automation including notifications.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement changes to Salesforce and the portal, ensuring it aligns with the organisation’s needs and best practices.
- Create and manage data imports, exports, and data cleansing initiatives to ensure accurate and up-to-date information within Salesforce.
- Configure the Centre’s portal to address business needs regarding data collection.
- Provide end-user training, update user tutorials and support, assisting staff members with Salesforce-related inquiries and troubleshooting.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for Salesforce and portal-related technical issues.
- Monitor data integrity, resolve discrepancies, and implement data quality controls to ensure reliable and accurate reporting.
- Stay up-to-date with Salesforce best practices, enhancements, and new features to continuously optimize system functionality and reporting capabilities.
- Contribute to process improvements, suggesting innovative solutions to enhance grant management efficiency and effectiveness.
Education and Experience
- University degree in Business, Information Technology, or experience in related field
- Relevant work experience could compensate for the degree requirements
- Salesforce certifications are preferred
- Prior experience in a non-profit organization is a plus
- Bilingual in English and French, preferred
- Strong proficiency in Salesforce administration, including user management, data management, workflow automation, and customization
- Data security
- Business analysis
- Data analysis
- Office 365, SharePoint
- Understanding of and adherence to the social values and operational objectives of the Centre
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to data accuracy and quality
- Client service
- Communication skills, train technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Teamwork/Collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Results-oriented in the achievement of objectives
- Rigorous in actions
- Values and ethics
- Social values
Hours of work
Standard 35-hour workweek. May be expected to work non-traditional work hours during busy periods.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Centre is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. Do not hesitate to contact us if you require alternative arrangements to submit your application. Candidates with a disability requiring accommodation during the interview process should advise.
The successful candidate must be able to work in Canada.
If you meet the required qualifications and are interested in the position, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Application Deadline: November 5, 2023. Please reference “Database Technician” in the subject line.