Are you interested in community housing?
Would you like to participate in making a difference for thousands of Canadians?
Do you want to work with passionate and committed people?
Then the Community Housing Transformation Centre is the place for you!
Role and Responsibilities
- Participates in the development of projects by planning, implementing and evaluating initiatives to further the Centre’s mandate
- Prepares project papers for discussion with potential funding sources and/or partners and/or governments at all jurisdictional levels
- Carries out research studies and activities with colleagues at the Centre and within housing sector associations and networks
- Prepares statistical reports and impact analyses
- Participates in data collection and analysis of project outcomes
- Carries out reviews and analyses of formal and informal research findings, cross-jurisdictional experience, environmental scans, trends, models and synthesizes research findings
- Participates in critical stakeholder consultations to encourage integrated and coordinated focus on developments in the community housing sector
- Participates in and provides project support to associations, networks and housing organizations
The chosen candidate possesses knowledge of community-based housing sector in one or more jurisdictions (municipal, provincial) and knowledge of policies and programs at federal and provincial levels.
- Knowledge of the policy/legislative process, policy and research tools and development and evaluation techniques to provide project support in the development and evaluation of programs and frameworks.
- Knowledge/application of research methodology, environmental scans, survey design and frameworks, survey tools, to conduct complex research and analysis, to analyze trends to make informed policy and program recommendations and to conduct environmental scans and assess impact on policy and program development.
- Knowledge of existing and innovative governance, funding and community services delivery models to ensure these models are incorporated into draft program and research proposals.
- Sound research and analytical skills to understand and assess and define problems and potential resolutions; develop new research concepts to respond to changes in strategic focus.
- Excellent organizational skills to provide project administration and support to multiple/concurrent projects and initiatives and to conduct comprehensive research using multiple sources.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong consultation, interpersonal and stakeholder relationship skills to maintain productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to meet mutual goals.
- $70,750 annual wage
- Group insurance, defined-benefit pension plan and other benefits
- Full-time telework
- Occasional travel
Please send us your resume and cover letter in PDF format before February 27 to email@example.com, indicating that you are applying for the Development manager position. Please note that we will carefully study all the files submitted to us, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Centre is committed to diversity and inclusion. We particularly encourage applications from candidates who are Indigenous, Black, Persons of Colour, persons from the 2SLGBTQIA+ community and individuals living with disabilities.