About the Centre
The Community Housing Transformation Centre works across Canada to ensure the transformation, sustainability, and growth of community-housing services in order to achieve housing for all. We identify and facilitate the development of expertise, resources, and promising practices for the sector. The Centre achieves its mission by helping community-housing providers (cooperatives and non-profit housing) and sector bodies (associations, federations, etc.) to find solutions to their financial and organizational challenges. To accomplish this, the Centre manages several granting funds.
The Director of Programs supervises the Program Team and reports to the Deputy Executive Director. The incumbent plays a key role in the management and supervision of all funds for which the Centre has signed agreements.
The ideal incumbent has a university degree in social sciences and/or administration or equivalent in experience. Solid practical experience in managing grant processes and supervising staff is required. The incumbent is fluent in written and spoken English and French, skilled in time management, is detail and results-oriented, and highly adaptable in a fast-paced work environment.
- Contributes, with the management team, to the strategic plan and operations of the Centre, particularly in the achievement of annual priorities.
- Adapts the funding allocation process according to the parameters of the various funding agencies and ensures that processes are adapted to the sector’s evolving pan-Canadian needs and available funding.
- Works with the Director of Development to plan the operationalization of new agreements.
- Ensures proper management and supervision of agreements with various funding agencies.
- With the Director of Communications, plans the production of processes and documents required by target audiences.
- Oversees and collaborates on the development of communications strategies to raise awareness of the funds and how they operate.
- Provides staff with the tools and support needed to achieve the objectives of the organization.
- Prepares staff training according to the needs of the various funds.
- Offers coaching, direction and support to team members, as appropriate.
- Works with the Director of Operations on the preparation of quarterly reports
- Produces quantitative and qualitative analyses on the operations, evolution and progress of the Centre’s various projects and programs.
- Conducts various analyses to ensure optimal use of funds, based on priorities and the annual action plan.
- Prepare analyses and reports for the Centre’s Executive Management, Board of Directors or funding bodies, as appropriate.
- University degree in social sciences and/or administration or equivalent in experience.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and French
- Knowledge and solid practical experience in the following areas:
- Human resource management
- Grant management
- Budget management
- Demonstrated abilities in the following competencies:
- Analytical thinking
- Organizational skills
- Rigorous in actions
- Time management
- Attention to detail
- Highly adaptable in a fast-paced work environment
- Salary: $100,000 per annum
- Vacation: 3 weeks + 2-week December closure
- Sick days: 10 non-transferable, per annum
- Defined benefit pension
- Competitive benefits package
- 100% virtual workplace with occasional travel
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CHTC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. Do not hesitate to contact us if you require alternative arrangements to submit your application. Candidates with a disability requiring accommodation during the interview process should advise.
The successful candidate must be able to work in Canada.
All employment is conditional upon meeting the qualifications of the job and completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including employment references.
If you meet the required qualifications and are interested in the position, please submit your resume and covering letter to Lisa Ker, Deputy Executive Director at email@example.com by Application Deadline: November 28, 2023. Please reference “Director of Programs” in the subject line.