The Community Housing Transformation Centre (the Centre) works with housing organizations across Canada to ensure the transformation, sustainability and growth of community housing. We bring together industry-wide expertise, resources and promising practices in one place. Collectively, we can become a catalyst for transformation by helping housing providers find solutions to their challenges, identifying weaknesses, collaborating to develop new pathways, and exploring transformative practices.
(NOTE: This job requires a high proficiency in written French, therefor all CVs and cover letters MUST be in French or they will not be considered.)
The person sought will play a key role in setting up, coordinating and ensuring the smooth running of the day-to-day operations of the organization. She will also oversee the administrative assistant for office resource management, CRM development and team support, in addition to providing specific support services to the board and senior management.
Role and responsibilities
- Support the executive director in her/his mandate (e.g., agenda management, travel coordination and logistics);
- Coordinate the organization of meetings of the board and the annual general meeting (documentation, transport, accommodations, etc.);
- Write the minutes of the board and the AGM and keep the organization’s records up to date;
- Maintain and ensure compliance with the various policies and contracts in place;
- Coordinate and collaborate with external suppliers (accounting firm, consultants, IT firm, insurance …);
- Ensure, in close collaboration with the administrative assistant, the proper functioning and coordination of the office:
- Configuration and maintenance of SharePoint and Teams cloud work platforms;
- Document management and archiving;
- Management and classification of correspondence;
- Correction and translation of the content of important documents (in English and French);
- Creation of templates and layout of letters, presentations, reports and tables;
- Management of supplies and suppliers;
- Ensure, under the supervision of the operations manager, the optimal performance of human resources:
- Management of employee hiring and departures (issuance of contracts, addenda and employment offers, management of access to different platforms and premises, configuration of equipment, etc.)
- Management of group insurance and pension-plan files,
- Follow-up of payroll and holidays with accounting;
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the Centre’s CRM by ensuring that rigorous data entry and validation mechanisms are established, in collaboration with the managers of the various platforms;
- Take all daily decisions relating to her/his area of responsibility;
- Perform all other related tasks necessary to achieve the general objectives of the Centre.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience;
- College diploma in administration or any other related field;
- Bilingualism both oral and written (English & French);
- Advanced command of the Office 365 suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, SharePoint and Teams), Adobe Acrobat Pro (combination of files, forms, signatures and certificates), and video conferencing interfaces;
- Proficiency in the administration of SharePoint sites (creation of sites, links and access to several levels, etc.);
- Knowledge of the Office 365 administrator interface, an asset;
- Mastery of office equipment (printers, photocopiers, videoconferencing equipment, etc.);
- Autonomous in the organization of work and ability to prioritize tasks;
- Thoroughness and attention to detail;
- Results oriented;
- Good interpersonal skills and ease in communicating with people (oral and written);
- Works well in a team;
- Subscribes to the social values and general orientations of the Centre.
What we offer in return
- This position will last approximately 12 months (maternity leave replacement)
- Competitive compensation, defined-benefit pension plan;
- Flexible schedule and possibility of teleworking;
- Family-work balance;
- Offices closed during holiday season;
- Office located in Montréal (near Berri-UQAM métro) but the position is remote (telework) for an indefinite period’
- Starting date: early December 2020
Does this position interest you?
Send us your curriculum vitae with a cover letter to the following address: email@example.com no later than November 23, 2020.
Please note that we will review carefully all applications submitted to us. However, only those selected will be contacted.