Founded in 2019, the Hiy̓ám ta Housing Society has the mandate to develop 1000 new affordable rental homes over the next 10 years for Squamish Nation people and the wider community. Given these ambitious goals, the Society is currently in the start-up phase and requires additional capacity building, team building and community engagement activities to successfully start to plan and implement its goals to develop affordable rental housing on 6 potential on-reserve sites.
- Nova Scotia’s community housing sector consolidates by forming a non-profit housing association
- Mentorship: Bring your skills and knowledge of the community housing sector to the next level!
- Watch: Community Housing Growth Fund launches in Nova Scotia
- Auditor General of Canada’s National Housing Strategy Report Misses Target
- We are hiring! Program Development Coordinator