The study by the Wellesley Institute highlights the stark disparities in eviction filings across Toronto prior to COVID-19. Eviction filing rates were twice as high in neighbourhoods where more low-income renters live. Independent of this association, we also find that Toronto has a racialized eviction problem. Black Torontonians may be at increased risk of eviction.
- Nova Scotia’s community housing sector consolidates by forming a non-profit housing association
- Mentorship: Bring your skills and knowledge of the community housing sector to the next level!
- Watch: Community Housing Growth Fund launches in Nova Scotia
- Auditor General of Canada’s National Housing Strategy Report Misses Target
- We are hiring! Program Development Coordinator