Do you want to contribute to the development of adequate, affordable housing in Nova Scotia?
Do you enjoy promoting new financial programs that support the development of promising projects?
Are you interested in building bridges with sector organizations while supporting them in the development of these projects?
Then we want you on our team!
Who we are
The Community Housing Transformation Centre works with organizations across Canada to find solutions to financial and organizational challenges in the community housing sector.
We have recently signed an agreement with the Government of Nova Scotia to manage four funds, totaling $2.5 million, over the next two years.
- Promote new Nova Scotia government programs to organizations in the sector
- Receives, processes and analyzes applications for financial support
- Communicates with applicant groups
- Monitors and evaluates grants awarded
- Conduct administrative and budgetary follow-ups with community and business partners in relation to the funds
- Write reports outlining the activities, results, budget developments, strengths and challenges of the funds and their management
- Contribute to the smooth running and overall mission of the Centre.
Who are we looking for
- University degree in administration, law, urban planning, social service, or any other field related to the job description
- Relevant work experience could compensate for the degree requirements
- Experience in fund allocation is an asset
- Knowledge of the community housing sector in Nova Scotia
- Interest in learning French.
Your skills and profile
- High degree of independence in the organization of work
- Rigorous in the achievement of objectives
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Understanding of and adherence to the social values and operational objectives of the Centre.
What we offer
- Contract of a minimum of one-year, full-time
- Competitive compensation, group insurance, pension plan
- Full-time remote work with occasional meetings at the Montréal head office
- An environment that favors work-life balance
- Available as soon as possible.
How to apply ?
Please send us your resume and cover letter in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating that you are applying for the Nova Scotia posting. Please note that we will carefully study all the files submitted to us, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Centre is committed to diversity and inclusion. We particularly encourage applications from candidates who are Indigenous, Black, Persons of Colour, persons from the LGBTQIA2S+ community and individuals living with disabilities.