This position has been filled. Thank you for your interest.
The Community Housing Transformation Centre works across Canada to ensure the transformation, sustainability and growth of community-housing services in order to achieve housing for all. We identify and facilitate the development of expertise, resources and promising practices for the sector. The Centre achieves its mission by helping community-housing providers (cooperatives and non-profit housing) and sector bodies (associations, federations, etc.) to find solutions to their financial and organizational challenges. To accomplish this, the Centre offers services, sets up programs and manages several pan-Canadian grant funds.
As part of a growing and dynamic pan-Canadian organization, program managers play a key role in the operation of the granting funds. The Centre is seeking to recruit people with knowledge of community-based housing. Our work with the fund applicants is driven by an empowering approach.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work closely with organisations to understand their needs and priorities in order to help them identify eligible grant activities
- Receive grant applications and analyze them following the Centre’s established policies, procedures and protocols including:
- all relevant procedures and policies regarding the reception, processing, and analysis of submitted applications
- all protocols regarding communication with housing groups submitting grant applications
- all policies and procedures regarding the monitoring and evaluation of granted applications
- Conduct administrative and budgetary follow-ups with community and business partners in relation to the funds
- Write reports outlining the activities, results, budget developments, strengths and challenges of the projects and their management
- Contribute to the smooth running and overall mission of the Centre.
- Provide support to organisations in identifying resources and other funding opportunities
- Understand and adhere to the social values and strategic objectives of the Centre.
Education and Experience
- University degree in administration, law, urban planning, social services, or a field related to job responsibilities.
- Relevant work experience in lieu of degree requirements.
- Knowledge of the community housing sector in Saskatchewan, Alberta, and Manitoba.
- High degree of independence in the organization of work.
- Rigorous in the achievement of objectives.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in fund allocation is an asset.
- Regular driver’s license required.
- Interest in learning French.
- Excellent ability to manage priorities.
- Autonomy, initiative and curiosity.
- Analytical thinking and creativity.
- Pro activity and agility.
- Adaptability and ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Team spirit.
- Immediate full-time employment.
- Competitive compensation, group insurance, defined-benefit pension plan.
- Full-time remote work with occasional travel: conferences, meetings, etc.
- A fast-paced, evolving work environment.
- Work-life balance.
- Need to be based in the either Saskatchewan, Alberta or Manitoba.
Please send us your resume and cover letter in PDF format to email@example.com, indicating that you are applying for the Program Manager – Prairies post. Applications must be received by February 5th, 2024 at 11:59pm EST. Please note that we will carefully study all the files submitted to us, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary: $66,285 to start and a raise of $5,000 after the 6-month probation.
The Centre is committed to diversity and inclusion. We particularly encourage applications from candidates who are Indigenous, Black, Persons of Colour, persons from the LGBTQIA2S+ community and individuals living with disabilities