Program Manager position available
in Montreal, Quebec
About the Centre
The Community Housing Transformation Centre (the Centre) works with housing organizations across Canada to promote transformation, sustainability and growth in community housing. We gather expertise, resources and promising practices from across the sector. Collectively, we aim for transformation by helping housing providers find solutions to their challenges, while identifying gaps and introducing transformative practices for the community housing sector.
As part of a new, dynamic pan-Canadian organization, the Program Manager will play a key role in the operation of the Funds. The Centre works with an attentive and supportive approach in assisting groups and organizations wishing to submit a grant proposal.
Role and Responsibilities
- Receive grant applications and analyze them applying the following:
- all relevant procedures and policies regarding the reception, processing and analysis of submitted applications
- all protocols regarding communication with housing groups submitting a grant application
- all policies and procedures regarding the monitoring and evaluation of grant applications
- Conduct administrative and budgetary follow-ups with community and business partners
- Write reports outlining the activities, results, budget developments, strengths and challenges of the Funds and its management
- Contribute to the smooth running and overall mission of the Centre
Education and Experience
- University degree in administration or any degree related to the job description
- Solid background in administration and practical management could compensate for the diploma
- Experience in Fund allocation, an asset
- Good knowledge of the community housing sector in Canada is an asset. A work experience within the community sector will also be considered a major asset.
- Fluent in English and French, both written and spoken
- Very independent in the organization of their work
- Rigorous in their action as well as results-oriented
- Master the MS Office Suite
- Adhering to the social values and general guidelines of the Community Housing Transformation Centre
- Permanent and full-time position as a member of a dynamic and professional team
- Competitive compensation, group insurance, defined-benefit pension plan and other benefits
- Location: Montreal(metro Berri-UQAM)
- Flexible hours and possibility of working from home
- Our office is closed during the Christmas holidays
- As soon as possible*
*While the current crisis caused by COVID-19 might slow down our recruitment process, this role is essential to our organizational capacity. Therefore, we aim to recruit and integrate the selected person into our team as soon as possible.
Please send us your resume and cover letter in PDF format to email@example.com before April 20, 2020.
While we will evaluate all incoming applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thanks for your understanding.