Our 2020-2025 Strategic Plan
The Centre’s mission, vision and values are at the heart of everything we do
Our ideal: A home for all
Our mission at the Community Housing Transformation Centre is to transform the community-housing sector in a long-lasting way. Part of this implies improving existing solutions and creating more affordable housing, tools, and shared expertise. The Centre’s funds, along with other activities, support transformative non-profit housing projects.
Supporting a resilient, growing, sustainable and inclusive community-housing sector.
- To connect and partner with sector, service and community housing providers to facilitate sector-wide transformation.
- To fund, support, and build organizational capacity where gaps and needs exist.
Our priorities and objectives
- Promote the centrality of reconciliation within and outside the Centre;
- Echo and respond to calls for action on behalf of Indigenous peoples;
- Accompany and support Indigenous-run and/or managed housing providers in their transformation efforts;
- Create tools and training to support community housing providers in their reconciliation efforts.
- Promote tenant participation in our organizations and in the broader community;
- Provide resources and tools, and showcase best practices;
- Improve tenant services and community involvement.
- Help housing providers reduce their environmental footprint;
- Help tenants and housing co-op members reduce their environmental footprint;
- Promote the use of existing tools and encourage the implementation of best practices.
- Encourage and facilitate growth through existing funding mechanisms;
- Support the exploration of new growth strategies (acquisition, land trust, etc.);
- Improve the dissemination and use of promotional tools that promote community housing as a solution;
- Identify and address gaps in the sector (emerging issues and overlooked opportunities) (e.g., impact of economic boom and recession cycles).
- Improve the quality of management and governance within the sector;
- Engage community housing providers to become fully aware of the financial and social outcomes of their operations;
- Accompany providers in exploring new management and business models.
We communicate our intentions, actions and policies
We report to the sector and our funders, we respond to the needs and demands of the sector
We leverage our actions and the sector capacity through partnership
We increase results and deliveries by being accessible to the sector and flexible in our operations
We operate openly and honestly and are true to our mission and vision
We deliver our services according to need
What we are not
- An “off-ramp” for government support to the community-housing sector
- A funder of bricks and mortar
- A provider of services for individuals